Become a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC)
The Behavioral Services Center is offering weekend CADC classes specifically designed for working professionals or clinicians who are interested in the CADC certification. Complete the program in less than five months if you are a qualified licensed clinician. The Program is accredited by IAODAPCA (Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association). All classes take place on Saturdays between 9am and 3pm.If you are interested, please contact us 847-673-8577 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of the CADC Program:
- Total of six classes needed to complete the program
- Complete the program in two semesters
- Classes are offered year-round
- Classes are held once a week, on Saturdays
- Some Transfer credits can be honored for licensed professionals
- Additional coursework for Co-Occuring Substance Use and Mental Health Disorder Professional (CODP) (former MISA I) certification is offered
Click here for more information and to download the application.
At Behavioral Services Center, the cost to attend BSC’s CADC School near Chicago comes to under $100 per credit hour. There is a total of 16 semester credit hours (240 clock hours) of specified course work. This includes up to 300 hours of practicum (internship). Classes are held once a week on Saturday mornings.
There are several local institutions of higher learning where a person can go within the state to obtain their CADC. However, the costs and hours are far less feasible for a person getting by on a limited income, while trying to make ends meet and/or attending school. Therefore, BSC offers the right amount of flexibility and opportunity for someone in that situation
Additional coursework is available to obtain CODP Certification.